The type specimens of the world in one database …

Typeface identification (Court-Hand Restored book)

András Benedek

Century Font

I am looking to identify two typefaces. The background to this is that a friend of mine rebinds old books. Often he asks me to re-create the lettering on the spine of a book. Currently he has sent me a couple of pages to identify the fonts. These pages were printed around 1846. My investigations so far have shown that some of the fonts used look uncannily like fonts in the Century family. That used in the titling looks like Century Expanded and that in the text like Century Nova. Century Expanded did not make an appearance until the 1890s and Century Nova until the 1960s. I have read that Century Expanded was based on the Scotch fonts, but to my eye they are similar but not very. My questions are "What are the typefaces used on the title page and in the text page" and  "What typeface did Linn Boyd Benton base his design of Century Expanded on?". The gothic font I will auto trace.

2E4D0549-5BC1-4FB4-A947-0BCA6997E0D6.jpeg

9BFB46E0-72F8-4DBF-84B6-9AE4E62B805A.png