The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Looking for elusive script font from "It's Always Sunny" prop

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

kojak

Hi all!

I'm trying to identify the font on this prop to recreate it for personal use.

Background info:

- It's from S8 E10 "Reynolds vs. Reynolds: The Cereal Defense"

- Episode released in 2012

- Timestamp for screengrab: 7min 10seconds

- Looking for the script font precisely as I was able to match the other fonts

I was even able to track down the prop designer, but alas-- she didn't remember the name of the font this many years later (understandably lol)

I know script fonts are probably particularly annoying / difficult to identify as they all sort of look the same. I've found fonts that are close "enough" but since I'm trying to recreate the prop as accurately as possible any help identifying the name of this particular font would be greatly appreciated!

scriptfont.png

kojak

It seems to be an old Linotype typeface called American Greeting Script.

You can find questionable digitisations (one of which was likely the one used) looking for Alto Greeting Script, Altast Greeting, etc.

Thank you!! I'm impressed (and appreciative, of course) with the speed of your response!

I've spent so much time scrolling through pages and pages of script fonts unable to find it and it's a great relief to finally know what the font is!

kojak
32 minutes ago, Riccardo Sartori said:

It seems to be an old Linotype typeface called American Greeting Script.

You can find questionable digitisations (one of which was likely the one used) looking for Alto Greeting Script, Altast Greeting, etc.

And in case anyone who sees this is curious, this font with a 1pt stroke added in photoshop got me spot on with my replication. Finally complete 🙂 

Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 9.54.31 AM.png

• Like 1