Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Looking for the font used on the Oconee County Sheriff's Office cruisers.

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

AnotherWildLynx

Oconee County Sheriff's Office, South Carolina, USA

I'm looking for the font you see in the 'OCONEE COUNTY' lettering on the side of the vehicle.

The same font seems to be used for both the SHERIFF lettering and the county lettering on the vehicles and seems to be used on newer and older vehicles, perhaps it's been in use for around 10-20 years?
The font looks blocky but with rounded corners, C points inwards, S does not point inwards, E and F have different lengths on their horizontal lines.

I'm ideally looking for the exact font or something very close. I tried several AI font-finding websites, none of which got anything particularly close. I even cut out the flattest image I could find possible, erased everything but the text in an image editing software, and then colored it black to help with contrast. Slightly better, but still nothing that close.

Some links for images:
image.ashx?domain=www.independentmail.co
oconeecsok9ader.jpg?w=2000&h=

50237770348_d856f4da55_o.jpg

file.jpg

28468800_160531577987265_816757236142440448_n.jpg

• Solution
Riccardo Sartori

There is no way to determine the amount of customisation that went into “SHERIFF” , thus tracing it back to an original typeface would probably be more time consuming than simply recreating it (especially since it could be entirely custom). However, you can probably find something similar.

“OCONEE COUNTY”, on the other hand, seem to be an artificially slanted (and otherwise distorted) Bank Gothic (or one of the many derivatives and relatives).

• Like 2
AnotherWildLynx

Thank you for your help, y'all seem to have identified it perfectly. I agree that the 'SHERIFF' is very customized, but I got the base font, which is what really matters.

Thank you once again.