The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Fonts used in the inflight menus of Cathay Pacific Airways and ITA Airways

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

TiemposProximanova

I have been trying to find the fonts used by Cathay Pacific Airways of Hong Kong and ITA Airways of Italy in their menus, but to no avail. Cathay Pacific uses a delicate serif font that resembles Acta, but is not the same, while ITA has a header font that is similar to Geometric 415 and a sans-serif with a capital M like Mallory (flat tops, pointed central vertex) but has a sharp-angled 3. Here are some samples of them. More can be found in trip reports of these airlines.

https://onemileatatime.com/reviews/ita-airways-business-class-a350/

https://onemileatatime.com/cathay-pacific-777-first-class-review/

Cathay Pacific:

Cathay-Pacific-777-First-Class-2.thumb.jpg.7736cc90d8f40387ccbbe3e546da0a4a.jpg

ITA Airways:

ITA-Airways-Business-Class-A350.thumb.jpg.1574331794038e2b2a529429f60c365c.jpgITA-Airways-Business-Class-A350-61.thumb.webp.847228726b48b4cf11cbbf133e62e23d.webp

• Solution
Riccardo Sartori

Cathay Pacific’s seems to be Arnhem.

For ITA, I am still looking, but there seem to be two different typefaces (or one with variants): see the |M|s in “Maximum” compared to the others.

Edit: I think it’s Geograph.