Jump to content
Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

I am looking to identify this 1930s fraktur font

Go to solution Solved by Dan Reynolds,

Recommended Posts

Dave P

This font is used on various German forms and paperwork items from the mid 1930s to early 1940s. The source is the attached document.


I have tried various fraktur fonts, but none are a close match on the 'F' or 'k'.


Any assistance is appreciated in identifying this.



Link to comment
  • Solution
Dan Reynolds

I think it is one of the instances of (halbfette) Hansa-Fraktur. You can read about its distribution on Fonts In Use: https://fontsinuse.com/typefaces/45735/hansa-fraktur


Ludwig & Mayer sold the design as Fraktur Alemannia, and in the photos of a specimen for that, you will find your D and F on its front page: https://oa.letterformarchive.org/item?workID=lfa_type_0226&targPic=lfa_type_0226_002.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Our partners

Discover the fonts from the Germany foundry FDI Type. A brand of Schriftkontor Ralf Herrmann.
The largest selection of professional fonts for any project. Over 130,000 available fonts, and counting.
Discover the Best Deals for Freelance Designers.
Get to your apps and creative work. Explore curated inspiration, livestream learning, tutorials, and creative challenges.
Learn to master OpenType in InDesign.
  • Create New...

Important Information

We are placing functional cookies on your device to help make this website better.