The type specimens of the world in one database …

interesting font in park in Catania sicily

Go to solution Solved by Ralf Herrmann,

geno

I found this font in a park in Sicily, I can't work out which font it is, and just liked it. They were on gatehouses/ booths at an entrance to the park. Obviously the r and e in Direzione have been redone in a different font. Can anyone identify this please?

IMG_20240409_075653.jpg

IMG_20240409_082749.jpg

geno

thankyou, I agree, I guess it was someone who saw that style of font and just went with it. I particularly like the U and the O, which are quite different from Rivanna.

• 2 weeks later...
geno

I don't really think the Rivanna font is the solution. clearly the font is not as interesting others as it was to me!

• Solution
Ralf Herrmann

Keep in mind that it could just be hand-painted without an existing font. 

• Like 1
geno

Thank you, I think you are right. thanks to you and Bjørn for looking at this. Genevieve

Bjørn Edvard Torbo

Don’t mention it. If you like the overall style, you could always go inspiration shopping for “art nouveau” typefaces. The elegant, dynamic, organic flow inspired by forms found in nature is very typical for the style. Things being hand made as well, ironically. I see why you were inclined to investigate the specimen in the first place.