Join our community of friends of typography!

Need to identify this font for figure creation in scientific journal

Go to solution Solved by Gizzmo,

Bjørn Edvard Torbo

What kind of sorcery is that, mr. Gizzmo?

"Blood" is a badass name for a scientific journal, BTW. 😎

Kevin Thompson

If you have Acrobat Pro, you can do the same thing by using its “Edit PDF” tool (only works on live type, not on anything that is an image only):

Screenshot2024-04-17at10_19_47AM.thumb.png.ce29f764d91999fce276fd0dce100bfd.png

• Like 2
Bjørn Edvard Torbo

Maybe I misunderstood. I got the impression that Enfocus Pitstop Pro was able to identify typefaces from a rasterized original. If I have access to a PDF, even Affinity Publisher is going to tell me which fonts are used. 🤷‍♂️

Gizzmo

Pitstop does not recognise rasterized text, but is a very powerful PDF preflighting and editing tool. For rasterized text Whatfontis is an escape but you get a number of possible hits, sometimes not very accurate.

Bjørn Edvard Torbo

So, you had access to a PDF? The original post in this thread had a picture attached.