Check out our typography channel on Instagram

Looking for the font used in an old Wilbur Smith novel - Goldmine

Go to solution Solved by Damry,

JonnyT

The original foreword in Wilbur Smith's book Goldmine was removed prior to printing and my father, who collects first edition Wilbur Smith books, would like to recreate the foreword for his own collection.

Other collectors have done this and so I've been able to find a picture on line of one such recreation, I've attached the picture to this post.

I'm looking to recreate this foreword for him but I don't know where to start with typefaces. Ideally I'd like to use a free font and Microsoft Word to recreate it but I don't mind having to pay for something if it's going to be spot on.

Any help you might be able to offer on identifying the font would be really greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

s-l1600.jpg

• 3 months later...