Check out our typography channel on Instagram

Credential Documents Wordings Font Style

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

Samar22

Good day to all, 

Kindly assist me in identifying the font style used in the attached picture.

Thanks

credential sample font.jpg

Ralf Herrmann

Your sample seem to fall into the category of legal documents (passports, certificates, receipts, court papers and so on.) There might be perfectly good reasons to ask for a font identification, but there is also always the danger of supporting forgeries through our help. Therefore we kindly ask you to explain in more detail why you need an identification of these fonts. 

• Like 1
Samar22

Thanks for the inquiry and it is good that you asked because our scope of work also don't support forgeries. 

I am Pawala Janyan (passport attached), Technical Assistant to the Chief of Protocol, Republic of Liberia and work in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The font in question is a part of the credential papers normally prepared by our government and sign by the head of state for our appointed Ambassadors to other nations.

For the past two weeks, the Government have tried to get a new batch of said presidential papers procure from abroad but having difficulties in getting same done. So we have decided to do it locally, which entails doing the design ourselves, for which I am tasked to do same as part of my responsibilities. We found the blank sheet here and want to get the actual font style to do new papers, which should now carry the name of our new president, George Manneh Weah, instead of the former President, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.

Hope this explanation help and an urgent response to my request is highly anticipated cos we running out of time. The ambassadors are all scheduled to travel this weekend to their respective posts to present their credentials.