Check out our typography channel on Instagram

Type ID for Jonas Delaborde

atd667

I'm not sure about the history or the full context of this piece (other than that it's for French artist Jonas Delaborde). With that said, I'm mainly trying to identify the italicized version of this type if anyone has any insights?

Thanks in advance. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 12.01.15 AM.png

Gecko

It's very very small to be exact, but it looks very much like ITC Garamond. There are many, many, many version of Garamond and you may like to check a few out, but to me it looks like the ITC version.

atd667

Unfortunately, this is the only sample I have. I, too, thought it was Garamond, but it seems to be of slightly different proportions. I appreciate the insight though. 

Cheers

Gecko

Antonio - which version of Garamond did you look at - there are plenty of variants from many different type foundry's - some are quite different and contrasty.