Join our community of friends of typography!

Looking for this handwriting/marker font (somos amigos)

Go to solution Solved by rampageraptor,

rampageraptor

Greetings friends,

I'm looking for the font seen in this image of a client's logotype. I'm afraid I don't have much background information, other than the logo was designed 10 to 15 years ago, nor can I contact the original designer.

I've had a heck of a time trying to find the font online, which Adobe Illustrator says is "UniverseHandwrite-CondensedBold".

Thanks to anyone who can help!

K.L.

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 11.20.48.png

George Thomas

Having been unable to find that exact font, may I suggest looking at the similar selections at dafont.com? There are several there in the Handwritten and/or Brush categories that are close. Given the 10-15 year timeframe you mentioned, you might be able to sell them on updating their look (not that this one is bad).

• Like 1
  • Solution
rampageraptor

Hello all,

Thanks to you Gecko and George for your help. I haven't found anything else online either, though I was able to get the font file from the original designer and poked around in the font file. The only information I was able to glean was the name "UniverseHandwrite-CondensedBold" and was outputted from Fontographer 4.1.4.

Cheers to you all,

R.

Gecko

rampagerapture - if you have the font file, open it in fontographer, under "Element" there is a tab for "font information" select "advanced" and you should see the name of the typographic font family!