The type specimens of the world in one database …

Vintage Tractor (Mc Cormick International)

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

dwild01

Hi I'm looking at replacing the decals on a vintage tractor (baler) International Brand maybe 50s or 60s.

Would appreciate any suggestions. 

20180720_151924.jpg

20180720_152104.jpg

George Thomas

Here's a better image; proportions may be off a little but not much.

Just for info, it is NOT Eurostile or Microgramma type. It is sort of like a Microgramma Demibold but there isn't such a font that I know of. Given that McCormick came into being in the 19th century it likely is an older font.

International New.jpg

• Solution
Kevin Thompson

It is not likely that either is a straight setting of a typeface—logotypes rarely were during that era (or even today).

For McCormick, Folio Bold Extended is very close (substitute a circular dot over the i), but I can’t find that width in a digital version of the typeface. Helvetica Extended Bold, with a bit more horizontal stretching and the same dot substitution, is a decent substitute.

As George already said, Eurostile or its predecessor, Microgramma, are very similar for INTERNATIONAL. Only the R would have to be altered to approximate your sample. Or you could use something like Idlewild Bold by Hoefler & Co.

For the 27, try AG Book Pro Bold Condensed.