The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

What kind of fonts are similar to this one? "Pingo Doce Logo"

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

Blasted

I'm trying to find a more accurate font to replicate this logo, the thing is, it's probably a hand written font (the "O"'s are not similar in the 2 words") 

I've done a search with letters apart as you can see on the white picture to be easy to be identified by myfonts, but I'm getting poor results.

Anyone can help me, to find a match for this font? 

Tks in advance,

AM

PingoDoce.jpg

pingo_doce_.jpg

• Solution
Riccardo Sartori
On 1/18/2017 at 12:55 PM, Blasted said:

it's probably a hand written font

It could be, but

On 1/18/2017 at 12:55 PM, Blasted said:

the "O"'s are not similar in the 2 words

That’s not enough nowadays to determine it. Recently OpenType features like the automatic substitution of the last letter in a word are becoming more common (see, for example, Vernon Adam’s Pacifico) (unfortunately, software support is still uncommon). 

Looking for similar typefaces, most of them have a more modulated stroke width, and I didn’t have found that kind of shape for |p|.

As @Ralf Herrmann said, if you need to replicate the exact words, it will be easier to trace it from the image. If you need a font for a more extensive use, a likely candidate could perhaps be one of several Måns Grebäck’s monoline scripts, such as Amplify, Artely InksHaydon Brush, all of which offer alternate letters.

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/mawns/amplify/

• Like 2
Blasted

Tks for the feedback Riccardo, it was really helpful your feedback. As for the font, a similar font will do the deal , it was a request from a client and Amplify will do just fine!

Tks 

/AM

• 5 years later...
Perl

Good afternoon. I would like to know if I can use that same name is the same font in my grocery store? I've already researched this supermarket is in Portugal, and I live in Brazil. Does it have a problem?