Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

Can you help me to identify this serif font? (Museum Buenos Aires)

Go to solution Solved by Florian H.,

franimpo

The one for "Maps, geopolitics and Power".  It was used for an expo named "Verboamerica" displayed in a Museum at Buenos Aires. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20160921_133915547.jpg

• Solution
Florian H.

The typeface is Alt-Mediäval, originally designed by Max Hertwig and released by H. Berthold AG in 1914. I am not aware of a commercially available digitization and assume that the version used for the exhibition is private, and was maybe exclusively made for the occasion.

If you are looking for other options, I can recommend Henriette, which has a similar warm feel and comes as a fully equipped OpenType family in a range of styles. If you are fond of the low-waisted ‘P’ and ‘R’, have a look at Aureata, which is a charming retro typeface suitable for display purposes.

• Like 6