The type specimens of the world in one database …

Do you ever get that nagging feeling about a typeface

km123
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

Hello All

I am working on a couple of projects at the moment. One is a children's DVD design. I am really happy with that, I chose Chaparral Pro as the typeface and did not once have any second thoughts about my choice, it just felt right. As it is a piece of coursework, I can choose my own typeface.

However, my second piece of work is different. It is a piece of poetry and I have looked at many different typefaces, including Arno, Goudy Oldstyle and Feijoa.

My finished piece of work is set in Arno Pro. This is great in that it has a great range of weights, swashes and so on, but I feel a real tug towards Feijoa. I didn't realise one could get so involved in typefaces, to the extent where they are nagging at you at the back of your mind.

I am really interested to know if others get this when choosing a typeface, and to know which typefaces "call" you the most

Thanks

timotheus

Now imagine designing typefaces and trying to fall asleep while your mind is visualizing variations on that serif or spur that just ... isn't ... quite right....

km123

Hrant you are right.

I am now about to spend $150 that I should not really, and cannot really afford, on a typeface. I tried not to, but it is now in my head and the only thing to do now is bite the bullet and go ahead.