The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Suggestions for fonts for Children?

Ryan Maelhorn
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

Doing some design for a product for children. Need some kid friendly fonts. Not child-handwriting fonts, or any kind of schoolbook font that is designed to be easy to read necessarily, but display fonts that look like they belong on kid products.

Ryan Maelhorn

Hrant, that font is a screen printers nightmare. Paul, Burbank is kind of close. Kind of semi-sloppy lines. Playful. This kind of vibe:

Okay, yeah I know the serif is really different from the other two, lol. But if you just think of it in terms of line..

Joshua Langman

Postino.
Myriad Tilt.
Able (if it can be used for anything anymore).

Also, if you like the Dr. Seuss look, why not hand-letter it?

quadibloc

If you're not looking for a child-handwriting font, I would have felt that by age ten, normal typefaces are appropriate - Franklin Gothic, or Venus Extrabold Extended, for example.

Ryan Maelhorn

BWAH HA HA HA!! I SHALL CHANGE IT!!!! IN MY EVIL NEMISARIAL WAYS!!! HA HA HA HA!!!! I SHALL RE-BRAND IT!!!

but that is another story..

oldnick

Ryan—

I sincerely hope that your "maniacal idiot" persona is an act. However, since this is a typographic forum and not a performance art venue, I suggest that you polish your shtick somewhere else, where your efforts will be better appreciated. From my personal experience, I can tell you that the Craigslist Philosophy Forum has some pretty stiff competition…