Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Very Thorough Documentation of Type Design Process

hrant

Without text it can't be very thorough documentation. BTW there's a point in that development where he seems to give up making the dorky letters behave and starts modifying an existing accomplished design... :-/

You should get a copy of the 16-page booklet detailing Haas Unica's development.

hhp

Ryan Maelhorn

starts modifying an existing accomplished design... :-/
Think?

You should get a copy of the 16-page booklet detailing Haas Unica's development.
Gimme Gimme!

Ryan Maelhorn

idk, Hrant, it's possible they just took a long time off, continued thinking about it in their minds, and came back with a clearer vision. The biggest problem I have with the face is that it is too Helvetica-esque.

But on the whole, there is a woeful lack of good documentation of actual type design as it progresses out there.

hrant

Ah, I'd sent Michael Hernan a photocopy of the Unica thing back in 2006... I see he put it to some use there! :-) Actually I think I'd seen that before, but my memory isn't what it used to be...

hhp

Ryan Maelhorn

Books have been outlawed by the digerati. We are only allowed to read off screens from now on.

On the positive side, sticking true to my (somewhat) German roots, I am organizing an eBook Burning for this year's winter solstice. Come one, come all!!