Check out our typography channel on Instagram

Fleurons, decoratives, embellishments, etc.

casellese
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

Hallo to all of you.
Can you please tell me where can I find (on the web) some examples of use of fleurons, decoratives, embellishments fonts and so on?
I'm particularly interested in use with TeX, but any other technology is wellcome.

Many thanks.

Karl Stange

It doesn't seem to me that my post is so stupid that it doesn't deserve an answer.

I do not think that the lack of response is the result of your initial post being in any way stupid but perhaps the result of no one having seen it that has anywhere to point you. I am intrigued by the possibility of seeing what you are asking for but have never seen this myself.

JamesM

In addition to what Karl said, sometimes it may take a few days before someone answers a question. Some folks don't read the forum daily.

casellese

It doesn't seem to me that my post is so stupid that it doesn't deserve an answer.
I think that the composition of a nice "decorative line" it can be a common typography task.

Casellese,
No one thinks your post is stupid. You should not think that. On this forum (or any forum) posts are subject to the inexplicable vicissitudes of internet interest. By the same token, do you "deserve" an answer. No, because posts are subject to the inexplicable vicissitudes of internet interest. Let's hope for the best.

One reason for a lack of replies may be the generality of your post. Are you looking for websites about in-print or about on-the-web use of fleurons? Your mention of TeX hints at in-print use, and maybe you could clarify further. Are you interested in fleurons in book text or book chapter headings or magazine advertisements or wedding invitations or something else? Are you interested in fleurons that are part of a font? Or png or other graphic format fleurons? Sometimes being specific about your interest or your goal can lead to more interest in your post.

My experience indicates that if you are forced to bump your post to try for a response, it's best to wait more than 24 hours to get the best bump for the buck. I think you have one more legitimate bump left and it starts with "Let me clarify what I am looking for..."

hrant

Type people need weekends too. :-)

Are you looking for online examples of printed works that feature such embellishments, or actual websites that exhibit such embellishments in their design?

hhp