Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

Customization Services on ebay: Turn things into non-suicidal fonts

javascript
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

Turn various things you use and buy to non-suicidal fonts using ebay
for example at www.ebay.co.uk / www.ebay.com

Do not use the suicidal k/K shaped letter and instead use non-suicidal
क/क shaped letter. Go on ebay internet site and in the search area
put ‘custom font’ or similar and a bunch of customization services for
things should get listed.

Examples of customization things:
Iron on transfer to use on any materials £2.99 excluding postage
Personalized name badge £1.99 excluding postage
Personalised T-shirt £9.99 excluding postage
Customized letter / number sign £9.95 each excluding postage
Custom font decals £2.65 excluding postage
Customized plastic letters and numbers £0.99 each excluding postage
Custom motor car etc sticकers £2.49 excluding postage
Custom internet site window, motor car sticकers £3.49 for 2

GET non-suicidal BBT or Rail Model fonts:
http://www.archive.org/details/BbtFont
http://code.google.com/p/railmodel/downloads/detail?name=RailModel.ttf&c

SEE philosophical reasons for not using suicidal k/K shaped letter:
http://Kalphabet.googlepages.com

Theunis de Jong

The totally visible holy river Ganges must be, in my non-occult opinion, way more deadly, what after being used as a bathroom (*), washing machine, and drinking water of about 200 million people, before coming out in the Bay of Bengal. At that point even an atheist would walk on it -- drowning may not be an option (although sufficating would, with a tip of the hat to Terry Pratchett).

(*) Those holy man, do they come out of the river to go to the bathroom, or do they let the water "flush all their sins away"?

Nick Cooke

JavaScript, are you allowed to mingle with the other patients or locked securely in your own padded cell? I assume you aren't wearing a straitjacket as you are typing, unless you are holding a pointing device between your teeth.

quadibloc

I would prefer to make a serious reply to this post.

As I have noted, the "philosophical" reasons for this proposed change are inherently devoid of merit to anyone who isn't a Hindu; how much relevance they may have to most members of that faith is a question I am not competent to judge.

It's true that English with the unmodified Latin alphabet is widely used in India, and the OP's suggestion does not seem to have caught on there - but advocating something like this, however eccentric it may seem, at least has an intelligible basis in that context.

But what I would note is that many if not most commercial fonts have licensing restrictions that prohibit modifying them, even for your own use. Thus this could be an unwise move.

Té Rowan

IIRC, @javascript claims to be from India, although I'm still convinced it's an AI system written in Lisp running on a forgotten Symbolics somewhere in Montana that's behind it all.