Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

An open Type Unicode based Nastlique Font Project \"Mher Nastalique\"

Zeeshan Nasar
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

Salam to All,

First of all I will Introduce myself. My Name is Muhmmad Zeeshan Nasar,I m a student at ICMAP Lahore, doing ACMA. Moreover I am also working on a project of a "Urdu Nastaleque Font" named "Mher Nastaleque Font" which is consist of my Father's "Nasrullah Mher" Calligraphy, who is a famous and Internationally award holder (In Urdu Nastalique) calligrapher of Pakistan.

Our Font is Open Type Character Based Unicode Font...consisting of about 900 characters and some ligatures.

Salient Features of This Font:.
* This font is 100% correct According to International Standards of Urdu Nastalique Calligraphy.
* This is character Based Open type Unicode Font, For Desktop and Web Publishing.
* Kasheeda (Tatweel) Feature is also available in this font!
* And so many others feautres!

Here you can see the Templates of this Font...!

moiz217

السلام عليكم

بهترين فونٹ.

يھ فونٹ كس طرح دستياب هو سكتے هيں اس پر كچھ روشني ڈاليں تو بهتر هوگا.

شكريھ

ali.moshref

Dear mzishannasar ,

Actually nice font, but can I suggest you to change the shape of "Dot"/"nogta" as below:

Thanks.

Ali Moshref

froo

Indeed. The dots stand out.
Anyway, I would strongly recommend new design of the numerals. The currently existing stand out (once again) too much - formally, aesthetically and ideologically - from the rest of the project. In short: they don't fit into your Father's calligraphy, they destroy it. Take a look at Renaissance numerals, maybe at Garamond...

Zeeshan Nasar

Thanks Dear Atif Gulzar! This font is in a development phase till now. And we want to commercialize this font!

Zeeshan Nasar

وعلیکم السلام
معز بھائی۔۔۔اور تسنیم احمد بھائی
یہ فونٹ ابھی تکمیل کے مراحل میں ہے انشاء اللہ جلد ہی یہ فونٹ ریلیز کے قابل ہو جائے گا۔۔!
آپ کی دعاؤں و نیک تمناؤں کا طلبگار ہوں۔

Zeeshan Nasar

Dear Ali Moshref!
First of all I am grateful to you liking my work.
As for as the style of dot/Nuqta is concern I think the style shown by you in picture is actually a Shikasta Style not a Nastlique Style.

My father is Internationally award holder calligrapher in Nastalique type of Calligraphy. So, He knows very well that which type of dot is used in Nastalique font.

even then I will discuss this matter with my father...!
Thanks again...!

• 5 weeks later...
Bahman Eslami

Overall texture of the font seems pretty good compared to other urdu fonts. How did you handle kernings and collisions between dots and letter shapes?
Good work :)

PS: Your photos are too high in resolution and they run out of the browser window, why don't you upload password protected PDFs so anyone could take a deeper look on your work?

• 4 weeks later...