Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

VOLT problem with the shipped font (arabic font)

P_G
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

im trying to add Contextual Alternate feature to an Arabic font on Microsoft VOLT.
The font is shipping without any errors. However, the shipped font applies the marks differently then what i defined. plus the characters shift position either upwards or downwards, each set of glyphs behave differently.
N.B: everything seems perfect when i use the proofing tool to check if what ive done is right on VOLT

What is the problem? and how can i fix it?

hrant

I can't help you myself, but I did want to say hi, especially since your name is Patil, and my sister was actually the first Patil! :-)

Anyway if you don't get any help I'll ping the right people for you.

hhp

malcolm

What applications have you seen the bad behaviour in? Adobe applications will behave differently to Microsoft applications for some things.
Have you stepped through the lookups in the VOLT proofing tool to see if a lookup is shifting things in the same way as you are seeing in the application. Your shift values are obviously being interpreted differently by the application to how they are being used and displayed in VOLT, are they the correct way round?