The type specimens of the world in one database …

Seeking font comparable to "Andrich Minerva"

Graphx7

Hello - I'm looking for a typeface similar to "Andrich Minerva" (attached) which I became familiar with back in the days of my college internship running a photo-typositor!  I've always loved that font; what I'm particularly fond of is the high x-height and the rounded bowl, particularly on the lowercase "a".

Unfortunately, it seems that "Andrich Minerva" is only available in a regular and italic version, and I am hoping to find a complete family...or at least a demi version.

Appreciate any thoughts you might share!

andrich-minerva_all.gif

Kevin Thompson

As far as I can tell, Andrich Minerva only existed in those two weights, and was only available in digital form from the now defunct Image Club Graphics. The pirated regular and italic versions you can find online are as good as it gets.

Eames Century Modern doesn’t have the same stroke contrast as Minerva, but has a very similar form. Escrow or Moderna might be better options. Nick Shinn’s Scotch Modern is another option.

Graphx7

Kevin, you're a rockstar. Thanks for sharing those! Much appreciated!

22 hours ago, Kevin Thompson said:

As far as I can tell, Andrich Minerva only existed in those two weights, and was only available in digital form from the now defunct Image Club Graphics. The pirated regular and italic versions you can find online are as good as it gets.

Eames Century Modern doesn’t have the same stroke contrast as Minerva, but has a very similar form. Escrow or Moderna might be better options. Nick Shinn’s Scotch Modern is another option.