The type specimens of the world in one database …

ASTRA Frutiger Standard and Autobahn?

Go to solution Solved by Ralf Herrmann,

Loris

Hey guys,

I wanted to know, is it still possible these days to get the two fonts, used on Swiss street signage, ASTRA Frutiger Standard and ASTRA Frutiger Autobahn? So far i was not lucky online, maybe someone still has a physical CD left with the files on it? Or just the downloaded versions?

I'm looking for these two fonts for personal 3D projects (Blender and Unreal Engine 5).

So if anyone knows anything or has some hints, please let me know.

Thank you very much,

Loris

• Solution
Ralf Herrmann

For a personal project, you could probably just use a regular Frutiger with increased tracking. No one will see the difference. The guidelines were in the norm 640 830c, last time I checked. 

You could start with Frutiger 57 Condensed

I am not seeing any other legal options at the moment. You could ask ASTRA directly if there are any options. But it could also be they only use it internally now and there is no public licensing available. 

Loris

Thank you very much Ralf! I think the Frutiger 57 Condensed works perfectly fine as you recommended.

I've sent ASTRA and email, they told me they use "Frutiger Pro 45 Light" and "Frutiger Pro 65 Bold". I'm not sure for what exactly, waiting for another response, but overall the 57 Condensed looks a lot better.

So again, thank you very much and have a nice evening!