Typography.Guru
samiel

Garamond tastes

samiel

It's well known that Garamond has a lot of versions, maybe more as any other font. I tried to compare:

ATF Garamond

EB Garamond

Garamond Premiere pro

Sabon Next

Stempel Garamond

I love the renaissance taste of EB Garamond, but it's "in progress" from many years and hitherto never ended.

Stempel Garamond appears nice, but in my version (002 from FontFolio 11.0) is missing of many glyphs and ligatures (f. i. "č" and the ligature for "ff") and I don't like the "z" letter. I don't know if more recent versions are more complete.

For I need old style numbers (typical of Garamond) and true small caps, even if it's a rather subjective opinion which Garamond do you prefer and recommend?

thanx

s

Ralf Herrmann
15 hours ago, samiel said:

For I need old style numbers (typical of Garamond) and true small caps, even if it's a rather subjective opinion which Garamond do you prefer and recommend?

Adobe Garamond Pro

samiel

Do you think that Adobe Garamond Pro il better than Adobe Premiere Pro? Why?

Thanx

Ralf Herrmann

I am not sure I would want to use the word “better” with such questions. It depends on the goal, which one might want to achieve.