Typography.Guru
gwh

Font pairing help

gwh

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a small publication (A5 size) and need to choose a serif font for the body copy and a sans serif font for the headings. I've tried garamond for the body which works well but I'd prefer something a bit different but still having it fit into the smaller space. I'm quite new at choosing fonts and wondered if anyone could recommend a serif and sans-serif font that would work well together.

Appreciate any help.

oobimichael

Subject matter? Audience? Do you have a rough sample of the text and layout in PDF to post here?

• Like 1

Melchior
18 hours ago, gwh said:

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a small publication (A5 size) and need to choose a serif font for the body copy and a sans serif font for the headings. I've tried garamond for the body which works well but I'd prefer something a bit different but still having it fit into the smaller space. I'm quite new at choosing fonts and wondered if anyone could recommend a serif and sans-serif font that would work well together.

Appreciate any help.

Aldus (serif) + Lydian (sans)

gwh

Thanks for the replies. I've actually come across a book displaying different typefaces so I might take a look through this to see if I can get any ideas. 

Thanks for the suggestions though.