Jump to content
Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Anatomy of numbers or Names for parts of numbers?

Recommended Posts


There are diagrams on the web giving technical names for the parts of letter forms, such as "counter," "ascender," "bulbous terminal," etc.  Are there any similar diagrams for the parts of numbers?  

I'm specifically interested in 19th century type, but I assume the same names would apply.


Link to comment
Ralf Herrmann

I am not aware of any anatomy terms that would apply just to figures. You just have the regular stems, arcs, counters, horizontal strokes …

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Graublau Slab Pro: The expressive addition to the Graublau Sans family.
  • Create New...

🍪 Important Information:

This website uses functional cookies.