The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Permission to reproduce for The Practice of Chinese Typography Volume 02

Tony Palmer

Hi, I am the author of the ebook below. I am now writing the second volume in respect to type sizes and line spacing. I would like to use the enclosed screen grab in that publication to show the effect of back lighting on typography. I will of course not use use it if I do not have permission. Can you help me with this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ebooks/dp/B013JL0KQU

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 3.21.56 pm.png

Tony Palmer

I believe I found it as a screenshot on Vimeo. It was on another workstation so I do not have access to the relevant search history. I also recall your name being referenced to this? I apologise if I am mistaken.

It is fascinating, however.

Ralf Herrmann

I created this video in 2009:

Feel free to use screenshots from that.

I don’t know about the one you showed. It seems to be replicating what I did using the same software tool (Quartz Composer), but with other options. I never had these font input fields, because I didn’t want to apply the test to installed fonts, but to live output from my font editor. 

Tony Palmer

Understood. 

I appreciate your generosity. I will post a link in this forum when I have the publication released.

Regards