The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

@font-face

jayyy
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

To @font-face or not to @font-face...

I am designing a CSS for a site I am building and was going to just designate the type to be serif (Georgia, Times etc). The I thought about using their typeface instead.

The face is Casablanca Antique and it is a Corel font from 1992. I have no idea where I got it from but it appears to be distributed widely for free (I know I did not buy it).

I have not done web in a long time and am not sure of the pros/cons of using @font-face.

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks,
Jay

jayyy

Thanks Ralf. I will look through the list to see if there's an appropriate substitution.

I guess I will have to use the good old-fashioned image headers.

jayyy

Cheers Aa, I actually read that article by chance a few days ago - think it was on 24ways.org. It is good but it's real hard to find a common face for both mac and pc.