Check out our typography channel on Instagram

Type/lettering/calligraphy clubs/classes in NYC?

Dunwich Type
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

In roughly a month I’ll be settling into a new apartment just south of Union Square in New York. I would love to get involved with the type, letting, and calligraphy scene. What should I look into aside from the TDC and the Society of Scribes?

typerror

James

You might want to get in touch with Paul Shaw. If you wish, you can e-mail me and I will give you his particulars.

Did you get a job in NY? If so congratulations.

P.s. what is letting : )

Michael

Ricardo Cordoba

James, shoot me an e-mail if you're interested in getting work through temp agencies -- it probably won't be typeface design, but it'll help pay for those classes. :-)

J.Montalbano

SVA just asked me to teach a type design class for their continuing ed program. It starts on Tuesday Jan 27 and it runs through April. Hopefully it will be an ongoing thing.

Dunwich Type

I probably wouldn’t be able to make the first two classes of your spring class, James. But if it becomes a regular thing I’ll sign up for a later session.