Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Jan Tschichold, digitized typefaces?

MaxK
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

Does anyone know of typfaces by Jan Tschichold, that are digitized and available?

Max Kisman

MaxK

Hello Claudio and others,

Thank you for your comments. Friends of mine are preparing a small exhibition on Jan Tschichold in the Dutch Graphic Design Museum in the city of Breda (opening end of February). They wondered if there were any of the Tschichold typefaces digititally available. They knew about the Sabon. I'll check also with David Quay of the Foundry for what else he'd know. Thanks,

Max

Alessandro Segalini

Regarding Sabon Next, Keith posted a report from ATypI 2002 which I find interesting ; apparently Jean François Porchez tried to bring back the Stempel version and come back to the roots of the Stempel version as well : "This version is a careful revival of Garamond, however it is not a Garamond itself."
This thread was great, too, just for fun but witty.

piccic

If you need Thierry Puyfulhoux email, just drop me a message, Max.
I used to be in tough with him years ago and I see his site was suspended, but if he still uses his old email, you'll be able to reach him for his Tsichold.

Klaus Sutter

Tschichold worked on another stencil typeface which was never published. It will be offered soon under the name "Ivan Stencil".
You can find drawings and drafts from 1929 from Tschichlods work on the stencil type in the book of Christopher Burke, "Active literature – Jan Tschichold and New Typography", Hyphen Press, London, on page 162-165.