The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Body Copy for Din

bembo
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

Hi,
Currently I am creating a letterhead and resume for myself. I've used the typeface Din Bold-Condensed for my name, and important copy. I'm looking for something that pairs really well with it. I've been using Baskerville thus-far but something seems a little off. Does anyone have any suggestions? I think what is throwing me of is the fact that Din is so condensed. I would prefer not to change this because I'm happy with it, I just need to find the copy that goes well with it.

Thanks

Yehan

I'd think Eureka might actually work. Since DIN is so ... rigid, you need an angular serif (can't think of any at the moment) and maybe a semi-bold weight to match your DIN Bold Condensed. Baskerville is far too rounded and delicate to really "compliment" DIN.

bembo

I've been testing out different sans serifs actually, and I'm kind of liking frutiger. The question is.. If I'm going to do sans serif, should I just stay with DIN all the way. I'm still looking for a serif that works well tho

Thanks for the help so far

poms

Normally FF Din looks good in allcaps medium or bold weight, and set relatively large. Then try PMN Caecilia.
For "normal use" try FF Nexus Mix or Nexus Serif.
Hmm, generally i don't like the idea searching for a squarish serif to go with FF Din – and never saw a squarish serif going well with FF Din. Show me!

nepenthe

I'm not sure if, say, Cambria would go with with FF DIN Bold Condensed (I haven't FF DIN), but I think it goes with DIN 1451 well enough. (Although I will not use these fonts in my actual EULA; I'll rather use my own.)