The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Starting Out Typography Journey

Amit Kumar

Hi, As a web designer I have basic working knowledge of typography. But I want to enhance my typography skills. I want to able to create dynamic layouts. 

How to learn about better font pairing based on the need of the projects? As every project is different.

How to master a single typeface? How to leverage typographic skills to create a unique grid-based layout?

One of the major problems I face is How do I combine "script" fonts with other serif/slab/sans serif etc. fonts. 

I hope I'll get a proper answer instead links from all over the web. I want to know how to master typography.

Thank you!

• Like 1
Ralf Herrmann

Well, it’s a profession, so studying and practising it for years is the only “proper” way to get the skills and knowledge to answer all the questions you asked. 

For specific questions and things your work on, feel free to post work in progress and ask the community members for feedback. 

• Like 1
Amit Kumar
9 hours ago, Ralf Herrmann said:

Well, it’s a profession, so studying and practising it for years is the only “proper” way to get the skills and knowledge to answer all the questions you asked. 

For specific questions and things your work on, feel free to post work in progress and ask the community members for feedback. 

yeah, I think that seems a great idea. Thanks.

Any specific book/tutorial which can help me to learn?