Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

A place for the friends of Andron?

Andreas Stötzner
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

I am considering to establish a kind of virtual meeting place for the users of Andron. It’s the field of rather highly specialized typesetting in the humanities and I’d like to provide a forum dedicated to the users, where they can discuss experiences and questions, work samples and so on.

What might be the most suitable basis for such a site? Facebook? Google groups? A seperate domain?

Any thoughts welcome.

jslabovitz

I've not heard of Andron, and Google didn't reveal many clues. I'm interested. Could you describe it a bit more, and perhaps give us a link?

Regarding a forum platform: Google Groups seems to work well for communication among relatively technical users. A Facebook group could be alright, especially for more technically naive users, but FB use tends to be seen as fairly personal and noncommercial. Another idea is a web forum, although I tend to hate the things myself. The answer probably lies in what the Andron user base already uses: you want to make a forum easy to access, with few barriers. That's more important than finding some supposedly perfect system.

--John

Igor Freiberger

Andreas, whatever solution you choose, please indicate the link here. So people who like Andron but are not user (like me) can also follow it.

I begun to build a site with Adobe Business Catalyst. This solution is more expensive and would take more work to be made, but let you produce exactly what you need.

• 7 months later...