Check out our typography channel on Instagram

Celebrating 12 years of Typophile today!

5star

Happy Birthday ... to you.
Happy Birthday ... to you.
Happy Birthday ... Typophile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite thread is the one...

how does your desktop looks like while you work

...but I can't find it right now for some reason.

But, my all times favorite times was the April 1st interface gag (back in '07 ?) - I think most everones was in shock with WTF!!

I have my av from that one saved somewhere on some disk somewhere - I'll try to dig it out.

sim

:D Congratulations and many thanks for those 12 years! Memorable moment? The first answer I received on my first thread – Also, thank you for all the tips, tricks and advice provided by members of Typophile.

jordydavies

Happy birthday. Love the rantings and ravings but the interesting subjects as well. Especially like the "what are you listening to?" very long thread. Lots of groups I have never heard of (too old to follow).

William Berkson

Happy birthday Typophile!

Three life-changing Typophile experiences—so far. Here's the first one.

In discussing Caslon back in 2003 with Kent Lew, John Hudson, Gerald Giampa (alas no longer with us), and Hrant, John Hudson pointed out that Adobe Caslon is "Sadly, Adobe Caslon is the only version that is suited to a wide range of typographic application, but it doesn't look like Caslon, so what's the point?"

Being already a "typomaniac," but not a designer, I remembered reading Einstein's Autobiography in the Schilpp volumes, and remembered with fondness its letter press Linotype Caslon Old Face. And I thought "Wait a minute, I know what Caslon looks like. I think I could do that right."

Eventually I bought FontLab, and started drawing type. And among many other activities in my life, I kept drawing, and kept drawing, and kept drawing.

Fast forward to today. My Williams Caslon Text (Font Bureau) is one of the fonts chosen to be in the 10-year retrospective exhibition of graphic design at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum in New York City, Now in Production, starting May 26 in New York City. It looks like there will be a 'type night' when several type designers will be talking, including me, but a date is not yet set.

• 8 months later...