The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Old School Typography Tools — What is your favourite writing utensil?

BrettR
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

Originally I was going to give a nice little intro that leads into the forum topic about how the pen is mightier then God know what, but then I realized I am way to lazy to write that out...

The question: What is your favourite pen/pencil/rock&chisel?

J.Montalbano

Stiff crow-quill pen, india ink on Bienfang Graphics 360 paper. Shot to film negative where the edges are clean up with a #16 xacto blade and my custom made sanded down french curve. This technique was taught to me by Ed. Benguiat.

tmac

You can't go wrong with a Staedler Mars Technico.

And I've been trying to get my chops up with a sable Mack Brush (Red Sable Lettering and Showcard Brush).

BrettR

@Nick Cooke, I just bought that pen (except in black with silver rings and it is a ballpoint), absolute dream to write with.

In general I enjoy Lamy's pens thoroughly. Probably the most beautiful of which is the Lamy 2000. It's the Scarlett Johansson of pens.