Check out our typography channel on Instagram

One of the most advanced and most beautiful Arabic OT Naskh fonts

Zuhair Albazi

Thanks Moiz for appreciating.

I substituted shorter diacritical marks with longer marks simply by substitution lookups in Volt as shown in the image.

Khaldoun

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I would have a simple question. How is it possible to get this font ? Is it possible to buy it or to get a license to use it ?

Thank you very much for your responses !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
moiz217

Hello Zuhair Albazi,

I found Adobe Naskh font very interesting and professional in more then one aspect.
Namely, the automatic kashida feature is really unique. When used with Naskh justification it automatically inserts kashida characters wherever needed.

I request you to shed some light on the implementation details.

Thanks and regards.

Zuhair Albazi

@Mateen Ahmad, Khaldoun and Jawad Khan
The font is not ready till yet. I hope to get it ready soon Inshallah.

@moiz
These are justification alternates applied through jalt feature.

The font brochure download number has passed above 300. Thanks to all for appreciating the font.

Thanks,

moiz217

Thanks Zuhair for replying.

I had tried this feature, but it does not work in my font as it does in Adobe Naskh. Especially in ligatures like "في" and "لي" which occur frequently in Arabic text.

I request you to post some screenshots of the jalt feature, if possible.

Many thanks and regards.

Zuhair Albazi

@moiz

These are simple substitution lookups applied through jalt feature like

fehyeh.liga -> fehyeh.liga.swash

Also try placing the jalt lookup after the في ligature lookup in the lookup list.

thanks

• 1 month later...
Zeeshan Nasar

great work mr Zuhair Albazi...!
I am also working on a Nastalique Font Mher Nastaleeq consisting of calligraphy of My Father Nasrullah Mher...! I will post my work here for your kind consideration.

• 4 weeks later...
Zuhair Albazi

Unbelievable!!!!

The font brochure download has passed above 500.

On a single forum (Typophile only) it seems quite a high value of likeness by all the visitors, specially in case of an Arabic font.

Thanks to all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Zuhair Albazi

Update:
Some new beautiful and remarkable features added. For example for the first time an Arabic font containing two types of swashes.

Full Volt project of the font (Regular and Bold styles) is rewritten in a higher professional way with great improvements in font functionality. Specially the font speed is increased to a much much higher extent. Font working very smoothly in InDesign, MS Word, Notepad and other Windows applications without any issue.

Completely revised new marks placement for a much better look in smaller document size text.

Some other optimizations are still in progress.

Thanks,
MZ

talipaltas

I hope it will be better than Adobe Naskh.
Do you plan any date of sharing this font? When we can buy or download your new font?

hrant

I notice that you are in Turkey. I'm curious, what kinds of things is Arabic typesetting used for in Turkey these days?

hhp

hrant

I don't think it would be a good idea for Turkish to revert back to Arabic, mostly because as an Altaic language it relies heavily on vowels, while Arabic is built for consonantal rendering. However -as I opined in my talk at ISType in 2012*- it would be beautiful and in fact culturally functional if Turkish type designers would inject some Arabic flavor into their Latin designs.

* https://typography.guru/forums/topic/101821-forwarding
Make some qahwa and watch the video.

hhp

• 4 weeks later...
saleem Ali

Dear Zuhair albazi,

Your font is very fine and good looking, It best features are spacing control and substitute.
This font is distinguish from other font. You deserved appreciation. I hope you fonts designs in future will be new great and innovative.

Please, elaborate more features of your work in screen shot, so it can be more inspiring for new comers.

Regards,
Saleem Ali Ghalib

moiz217

Thanks Zuhair for the tip about JALT feature.

Today I took out some time to implement it, and got it working in no time.

Working like a charm.

Thanks and regards.