Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

Microsoft are really really bad people (?)

quadibloc

In encountering U&lc magazine lately, I learned about Haas Unica being an attempted improved version of Helvetica.

As a display face for signs in airports, I don't think that it's possible to improve on Helvetica Medium - in that niche, it has achieved perfection. But, shown in a text setting, it seemed to me to be better than Helvetica, and just about as good as Univers - so apparently the "improvements" did improve something.

But I'm sure that the improvements were subtle.

Typogruffer

Flip the bacon! Flip the bacon!

I sometimes don't understand the expressions used by native English speakers, so I Google them and I am also not dissapointed by the results i get: Bacon flip at Urban dictionary(it is offensive)
I know urban dictionary is not a credible source but it is funny

Chris Dean

“Flip the bacon! Flip the bacon!” is not meant to refer to Microsoft in any way. It’s an obscure Fresh Prince of Bell-Air reference. I guess you had to be there.