Join our community of friends of typography!

Hi looking for this 2 Capcom video game font

Hi looking for this video game font,

Can I also ask what is the style and category of this kind of fonts?

I'm looking for the NON-PIXELATED equivalent or similar of this font

thank you guys

font-search.gif

FIXED ADDED DETAILS:

Capcom games from late 90s, most of there font used in fighting games have a non-pixel equivalent, this are the only two I'm still looking for.

They are universal kinda font's not just used for a specific one game,

for example

the top one is used on there Playstation One Fighting games

and the second one is used on there arcade games they are large on screen

so I know they are not specifically designed because I already located the other fonts. Thanks

A) You should provide more context for the samples. What video games? Where are those images from?

B) There is a good chance there are no “non-pixelated version”. Those fonts are often just drawn as pixels for a specific game. 

Capcom games from late 90s, most of there font used in fighting games have a non-pixel equivalent, this are the only two I'm still looking for.

They are universal kinda font's not just used for a specific one game, for example the top one is used on there Playstation One Fighting games and the second one is used on there arcade games they are large on screen so I know they are not specifically designed.

1) Can you name one game out of these for a reference?

2) Ideally, where in the game the font is (menu/in-game/credits/etc.)?

3) Whether it is US, Japan or other version. I assume US version, but still.

its both on us and japanese versions

for the first one

pocket fighters and other games 

menu 

second one arcade games like marvel vs capcom

big notification text

sample gameover

All I've got was this dump from Marvel vs Capcom. No vector font. Maybe it will help others to find the real font. If you have glyphs, you can also trace them (I use Adobe Illustrator), and use these vectors to create your own font (I use FontLab).

I could not find that described font in the Pocket Fighter game, and could not dump it. Can you possibly name another game with that font (#1)?

MvsC.png

• very interesting! 1
2 hours ago, MissNobody said:

All I've got was this dump from Marvel vs Capcom. No vector font. Maybe it will help others to find the real font. If you have glyphs, you can also trace them (I use Adobe Illustrator), and use these vectors to create your own font (I use FontLab).

I could not find that described font in the Pocket Fighter game, and could not dump it. Can you possibly name another game with that font (#1)?

MvsC.png

I already had the PIXEL version the one I used in the pic and just turned them black

here are the fonts in SQUARED in RED where they are USED

The first one is PocketFighters and Street Fighter Alpha 2, same font used by differently styled.

The second one is Marvel Vs Capcom and Marvel Vs StreetFighter, Same font used but some are small and differently styled.

Most of there unique fonts for late 90s and mid 90s 2D arcade games ported in Playstation are just on their main LOGOs, except for the subtitles that are also common fonts.

Some are even reused and recycle in 2d Sports Arcade games. 

Pocket Fighters and Street Fighter Alpha2 playstation & sega saturn might be also in PC version

y3dqhVx.png

Marvel vs Capcom

Fa9uQ6t.png

The font used in Marvel VS Capcom came from Marvel vs Street Fighter,

hll4PzS (1).png

2 hours ago, MissNobody said:

MvsC.png

This is the same in Marvel Vs Capcom and Marvel Vs Street Fighter but differently styled? From what game this came from?

Thanks

Marvel Vs Capcom version for M.U.G.E.N. it supports .otf, and I was hoping to find it there, but no luck. Only bitmap fonts. It's possible they just reused and reskinned the proprietary fonts. No sign of vector font. As I've said, you can use the fact you have all the characters, and create your own font. This is my low effort showcase:

PS1 Arcade Games.ttf

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MissNobody said:

MvsC.png

From what Capcom game did this style of font similar to MarvelVsCapcom & MarvelVsSF, is that font image came from?

Because it was differently styled but same font?

===================================

Thank you to your effort and the font shared, still be looking for the vector version

Since I had found the others before.

I was hoping to know how to classify or what category of terms do this fonts fall into that I may find something similar?

9 hours ago, MissNobody said:

MvsC.png

From what game does this font style came from?

because it similar to MVC and MVSF but differently styled?

11 minutes ago, MissNobody said:

This one is a bit similar to #2, but only just.

Thank you, I will looks for alternative fonts or similar

Surprisingly I just notice that this one is the same font on the link

hyLfsnm.png

10 minutes ago, shakunetsu said:

From what game does this font style came from?

because it similar to MVC and MVSF but differently styled?

Thank you, I will looks for alternative fonts or similar

Marvel Vs Capcom version of that game for M.U.G.E.N. (freeware fighting game engine). It 's basically ripped off graphics/sound/fonts/etc. and it supports bitmap fonts and OTF font, and sometimes there's OTF used. But it was not the case here, for any game I tried. Only those bitmap glyphs I posted. Probably re-created by the author of that game-pack.

Here's the low effort version (vectorize + copy/paste) of font #1. In case you won't find a suitable replacement, or outright the original vector font.

PS1 Fighting Games.ttf

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, MissNobody said:

Marvel Vs Capcom version of that game for M.U.G.E.N. (freeware fighting game engine). It 's basically ripped off graphics/sound/fonts/etc. and it supports bitmap fonts and OTF font, and sometimes there's OTF used. But it was not the case here, for any game I tried. Only those bitmap glyphs I posted. Probably re-created by the author of that game-pack.

thank you  

will be still be looking for similar vectors thank you very much for the lead to the similarities

The one on that that is used in SF Alpha 2 and PocketFighters/Gem Fighters has still no lead or even similarities

iTDEIjA.png

Here is another of the second font being used in the select screen but slightly bigger , need to identify the category of the font or something similar thank you

fontsrcsadd.gif

• 4 weeks later...
CoelacanthAnon1150

@shakunetsu Ur welcome. 

*as you said earlier in this thread*>> “Thank you to your effort and the font shared, still be looking for the vector version

Since I had found the others before.”

Since you said you found the others, I’m also looking for a certain font that looks just like the one in This image. Do you know the link to the website on where you found it from ? ⬇️

EEB2126B-6880-421D-84CE-189040FF6A00.thumb.jpeg.df12e84f416ebd6259fb693a543c2b45.jpeg

and This one Too⬇️
ACF96412-FCE9-41DA-A306-10DAFCA8FFAB.thumb.jpeg.f4584a2daab594d04192eebd18d29b70.jpeg

shakunetsu
4 hours ago, CoelacanthAnon1150 said:

@shakunetsu Ur welcome. 

*as you said earlier in this thread*>> “Thank you to your effort and the font shared, still be looking for the vector version

Since I had found the others before.”

Since you said you found the others, I’m also looking for a certain font that looks just like the one in This image. Do you know the link to the website on where you found it from ? ⬇️

and This one Too⬇️
ACF96412-FCE9-41DA-A306-10DAFCA8FFAB.thumb.jpeg.f4584a2daab594d04192eebd18d29b70.jpeg

The second one is something I have come across before I can't remember the name of the font because it was from my other hard drive

They used this in SF collection loading screen PSX and Saturn, MSH and Capcom Sport game.

Here is the link Sprite Resource "https://www.spriters-resource.com/"

CoelacanthAnon1150

Did you ever find the font in the First picture I was talking about ?

do you still have the link to the page that the Second Font was on.