The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Another classic logo bites the dust - Cooper Tires

Miss Tiffany

It was bound to happen. Heaven forbid we have logos that have any sort of sense of history. If it doesn't smack of now it isn't relevent. Right!

Nick Shinn

It's interesting to see techno fonts used more and more int the mainstream.
This Cooper stuff seems to vibe on Fast & Furious movies, homicidal X-box games like TOCA race driver -- Bold extended font like Porsche logo, Pirelli from way back, more recently a standard on chrome auto badges.

jselig

This was posted an another forum a couple of weeks ago. the new logo conveys nothing to me. It doesn't really say tires, or much of anything for tat matter. If their site is a reflection of their taste in design, the logo is rather fitting; ill but fitting.

Maybe it's just me but I find a number of new logo's for large companies fall far short of good identities.

• 6 years later...
quadibloc

@jselig:
the new logo conveys nothing to me.

The old logo said that tires were fat (Cooper Black) and that they protect your safety (the knight's helmet).

The new logo says that their tires help you go fast (the italic letters) - and the spiral logo of elliptical shape reinforces that.