Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

I have a problem with the fonts Titillium...

kevintheophile
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

Hello people!

Yesterday I had just downloaded all the seven fonts Titillium from the site Campivisi, I copied them on the past Fonts of my computer, but I've a problem yet. After having downloaded them, at Word 2007, notepad and Paint Seven, I found only ONE font Titillium, and not all the SEVEN fonts. How do I correct the error? I'm desesperate!

Good week!

kevintheophile

What is the foundry's correct e-mail? I caught the three designers e-mails at the site Campivi's credits, while this site doesn't have contacts, I sent, but I'm afraid of sending to the wrong persons.

Si_Daniels

From the license...

The designers seem to have declined to list email contacts...

3.4 Acknowledgements
(Here is where contributors can be acknowledged.

If you make modifications be sure to add your name (N), email (E), web-address (W) and description (D). This list is sorted by last name in alphabetical order.)

N: Luca Antonucci
E:
W: http://www.campivisivi.net
D: Contributor

N: Paola Bacchiocchi
E:

N: Simone Bastianelli
E:

N: Francesca Bonci
E:

etc.,

kevintheophile

Thank you, I've just sent only to Luca and Paola, so Simone and Francesca are ex-student and don't give us the e-mails to enter in contact with them.

jabez

I downloaded Titillium last week, installed them via FontExplorer X. Works fine for me on ID CS4, not so fine in Word 2008. (OSX10.6.2)

fontsquirrel

Yes, this is a problem with the naming conventions. The student designers did not take this into consideration when building the name table. Easy mistake really.

Renaissance Man

Aha!

Yes, this is a problem with the naming conventions. The student designers did not take this into consideration when building the name table. Easy mistake really.

That's crap. It's a fundamental mistake that never should have happened.

The real question why don't you find an equally "easy" remedy, instead of continuing to offer flawed downloads?

Bert Vanderveen

If I am not mistaken the vfb-files are also available… so it’s just a matter of diving in there with FL5 and fixing the problem.

Renaissance Man

Is that the task of the end user? Gimme a break, and stop letting type designers off the hook for their creations.

Bendy

Yeah, that's a very amateurish mistake and certainly not the end user's job to fix. Especially since they'd be very unlikely to have FontLab!

Renaissance Man

It's not your error.

Don't hold your breath for Font Squirrel or the "designers" to fix it anytime soon, if ever.

Need an immediate fix? Buy Klavika:
http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/processtype/klavika/

It also seems that several posts in the thread I cited above (9.May.2010 3.45pm) have been removed, including several by Florian Hardwig. What the hell is that about?

fontsquirrel

@steve- I am not responsible for this font. I am merely pointing out what is wrong. It would be trivial though to build a tool to allow someone to fix this. Maybe I should be doing that instead of posting here.

dberlowgone

>Gimme a break, and stop letting type designers off the hook for their creations.

Break? They are free! Type designers? They are free! Hook? Helllllloooooo They are free fonts.

Cheers!

Renaissance Man

Florian: My bad. Yes, I was referring to the thread you included. Sorry.

Ethan: I wasn't suggesting the problem was your fault. We all know where the fault is. But why continue to offer a font with a known failing without even mentioning it? "It would be trivial though to build a tool to allow someone to fix this. Maybe I should be doing that instead of posting here." Instead of including a fix-it tool with a defective font, why not just fix it yourself and distribute a working font? Did you ever contact Campivi?

David: Duh! because it's free, its beyond criticism? Or are you suggesting that all free fonts are crap? I've gotten more than my share of fonts I've paid for that don't work right out of the box. I don't care if it's free, fairly priced, or grossly overpriced, a font should work, and if it doesn't it has no business being put on the market. If it was a car, Titillium would be recalled. More than a few of my fonts have come from FB; my last purchase was Whitman. Either I don't understand where you're coming from, or if I do, I'm surprised. Or maybe disappointed. Cheers back atcha.

kevintheophile

Dear persons, I have just received Luciano's e-mails. Luciano said:

"Hi, sorry for delay in answering. We'll fix as soon as possible it was our mistake. We generated the font quickly without checking the naming."

Luciano sent me another e-mail with a zip of two fonts Titillium, I downloaded, open the zip and I installed the tewo fonts Titillium (Regular and Bold), it works perfectly in Word 2007! But he still didn't correct the other weights of Titillium fonts, as Light (1wt), 250wt, 600wt and Extrabold (999wt). Is Regular 400wt and Bold 800wt?

Luciano warned us that he's travelling and students finished course and there is nobody who can regenerate quickly the font.

abattis

@Steve Marston: Why so negative? I wonder if you have some agenda against fonts which are zero price and commercially modifiable ;-)

dberlowgone

>Duh! because it's free, its beyond criticism?

Not beyond criticism, obviously, and please don't call me Duh!. ;)
That free fonts are beyond "...the market", "creative hooks" and "business" should be clear though. Or are people who publish their fonts for free expected to provide support, upgrades or customization to the specific needs of their free users?

Cheers!