Join our community of friends of typography!

Five faces I would like to see

Riccardo Sartori
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

Often here on Typophile’s Critique forums are presented some beautiful typefaces.
As it happens, some of them gather a good deal of attention, while others will receive just a comment or two.
What I very rarely have seen happening is the designer coming back to the thread announcing the release of the font.
That said, here’s a short chronological list of fonts I would really like to see released in my lifetime:

And, while to my knowledge it wasn’t ever submitted for critique, I would add the regular guest of the Type ID Board:

Riccardo Sartori

I knew I should’ve double-checked!
But that just confirms my statement about the lack of announcements… ;-)

And there are typefaces you would like to see published?

Sebastian Nagel

i apologize for not announcing it here yet - you just came a few days early with this thread :)

tierra nueva was released just two days ago - on ralf herrmanns label fonts.info. as this site is quite germany/europe centred, i wanted to wait until it is available on myfonts.com too, which should happen in just a few days.

I'll update the developement thread right after that, and I guess ralf will post a thread in the release section too.

• 1 month later...
Bendy

Wow, I'm feeling bashful! Thanks Craig for pointing me to this thread :D

Once I'm back at my desk, I'll have to decide which order to try and finish these fonts in. You bet I'll keep you updated! For me all this has to fit around my career in comms too. And some day I really hope to make it to one of these type events, and meet some of you guys too!

In addition to the above mentioned fonts (which I wholeheartedly agree with), I'm very fond of Peggo's Farola and probably some others that I can't find on this — aah — slow connection right now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
quadibloc

The mention of Ernestine in this thread reminds me... while a Latin character set in Arek is yet to be made available, somehow I remember seeing in recent web searches something that resembled what I would expect it to look like...

EDIT: A web search has convinced me that I am mistaken. Even though I did find something that almost looks like Arek in the Latin alphabet: Alice, designed by another typographer who came from the same educational institution... and thus at almost the same time and place.

http://typemedia09.com/index.php?/graduates/marta-bernstein/
http://www.martabernstein.com/index.php?/type/alice/

But I don't think it was what I imagined I saw before.

EDIT: Legionary, from Tkachev, also resembles or suggests Arek, although being quite different from Alice.

• 7 months later...