Check out our typography channel on Instagram

November 2015 update

Ralf Herrmann

I hope the changes in the last days didn’t confuse you too much. :winking: The latest software update brought some significant changes to certain parts of the site. Beside the new two-level menu, the most important change is the news feed. 

The old “New Content” page is gone entirely. If you had bookmarked that page, please change the bookmark to the homepage http://typography.guru 
Now all new activity from the site will be shown there. 

Should you experience any problems, error messages or layout bugs since the update, please report them in the Internal forum

Ralf Herrmann
1 hour ago, Riccardo Sartori said:

I think it should also present a bit of curated content, weighted in different ways than activity.

That’s what the sidebar is for. Currently it features new content from selected areas, but of course I could change this easily to show featured entries instead of new ones. 

Riccardo Sartori
1 hour ago, Ralf Herrmann said:

That’s what the sidebar is for.

I understood that. But, call me old-fashioned, I think the homepage should be more akin a magazine cover, at least for non logged-in readers.

Ralf Herrmann

I certainly can try to make the new homepage a little more appealing. But the benefits of having the news feed in this prominent spot outweigh the visual appeal of the previous homepage for me.