Your secret tool for flawless typography – Grab 40% off today!

I am trying to find the font of a boat name which will have to be replaced with the same font when the repairs are completed

This happens frequently in my line of work, wooden boat building. I am about to start on extensive repairs for a boat, which will remove the boat's name. The owner would the name replaced in the same font but doesn't know what that font is called. In this situation I am usually able, with a bit of detective work, to find a suitable font. This one is quite distinctive but so far identification has defeated me, hence my being here requesting some assistance.

The nearest I have come to identification is Rider Black but it is not quite correct. The D is not quite squashed enough and stem thickess proportions are somewhat fat. I have attached a photograph of the name DITA as it is on the boat before we start work. I am hoping that somebody may be able to identify it so that we can not only bring his boat back to life but also looking as new with the name displayed in the original font.

Here's hoping and thank you in anticipation of success.

John Owles

IMG_20210922_091806.jpg

Thank you for taking a look. The proportions are square and the "D" is a little "squashed" both vertically and horizontally and so slightly hardening of the top and bottom bends and somewhat straightening the belly of the "D".

Colt may well have to be the one, although it seems to be thinner.

Anyway thank very much for your effort,

John