The type specimens of the world in one database …

What font is used in this forum?

chas

Question is in the subject. I came here to browse a bit and found the forum font to be very nice. If you identify it somewhere on the site, I didn't find it. Thanks!

Nice site, by the way.

Ralf Herrmann

It’s a custom typeface made for this purpose and currently not publicly available. 

Bjørn Edvard Torbo

FDI Qualia Serif. I recommend activating the Safari > Preferences > Advanced > Show functions for Developers option in Safari if you're on a Mac. Also, the browser extension WhatFont? is a great tool to look up fonts you are curious about.CleanShot2024-05-07at10_51.02@2x.thumb.png.624b03572bd85dd4fe32021e7e81142e.png

CleanShot 2024-05-07 at 10.53.23@2x.png

Bjørn Edvard Torbo

@Ralf Herrmann I also recommend that you do whatever it was that you did to the FDI Elfenfraktur font (which I have purchased) on its demo page to Qualia Serif on this site. That would stop sneaky b*stards like yours truly from snatching it from this website. 😉 

PS. I respect intellectual property and will never use your font for anything public. Perhaps for the odd birthday invitation, but that's about it. I'd buy it if it was for sale, though.

CleanShot 2024-05-07 at 11.15.22@2x.png

chas
16 hours ago, Ralf Herrmann said:

Thank you, Ralf, for the information. And thanks, too, Bjørn, for suggesting the WhatFont extension, which I like very much. BTW, on my version of Safari (17.4.1), the sequence you mentioned seems to be Safari > Settings > Advanced > Show features for web developers. Or at least I assume that's the same thing you're talking about.

Now if I just had a spare £40 so I could buy a license to Robert Green's Doves Type.

chas

Also, I'd consider purchasing a non-commercial, personal use license to FDI Qualia Serif if it were made available. 

• Like 1
Bjørn Edvard Torbo
42 minutes ago, chas said:

… BTW, on my version of Safari (17.4.1), the sequence you mentioned seems to be Safari > Settings > Advanced > Show features for web developers. Or at least I assume that's the same thing you're talking about.

Yes, that’s it. I just did a qualified guess based on what I saw in my Norwegian version of Safari.