Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Looking for fonts similar to Holise

The typeface is so distinctive that finding a similar (and I’m guessing cheap or free) alternative is not likely.

However, a good resource to check for similars is Fonts in Use.

Luben is the only similar option listed (that is a digital typeface). While only bearing a passing resemblance to Holise, the entire family can be had for $20—cheaper than Holise's student license.

This is the thing about living in a hurry! I should have explained myself in more detail. First of all, thanks Ralf, those are nice fonts, and indeed somewhat similar to HOLISE. I'm looking for a serif font, condensed, with character, but maybe not so out of the box. Something similar to HOLISE but less pointy. And not feminine at all, but rather masculine and aggressive, you know, like HOLISE. But not HOLISE. Hope I make sense. Thanks in advance!

On 7/5/2024 at 9:41 AM, Thse Usna said:

This is the thing about living in a hurry! I should have explained myself in more detail. First of all, thanks Ralf, those are nice fonts, and indeed somewhat similar to HOLISE. I'm looking for a serif font, condensed, with character, but maybe not so out of the box. Something similar to HOLISE but less pointy. And not feminine at all, but rather masculine and aggressive, you know, like HOLISE. But not HOLISE. Hope I make sense. Thanks in advance!

Respectfully, I don't think you have explained yourself well at all. What I get from your post is that you want something that's like Holise, but it can't be Holise or anything like Holise because you want it to be masculine (which Holise is not) and aggressive (which Holise is not). Frankly, IMHO any ultra-thin, pointy font is the antithesis of masculine and aggressive.

Please try to explain what you're looking for better. Why not just use Holise?