Join our community of friends of typography!

Looking for the font of an embroidered 'Je choisis Montréal' hat

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

I used to have a hat with the embroidered letters 'MTL' for Montreal on it. It was given to me by Montreal's city marketing initiative trying to attract international students called 'Je choisis Montréal' (I choose Montreal). This initiative does not exist anymore since a few months, their website is still online but nearly empty.

I now try to find the font used for the letters on my hat. A name would be fantastic, it doesn't matter if it's a free font or not. I have attached images that were created from photos of me wearing the hat, with the only modifications being a colour reduction and contrast improvement. Still, automated tools for font identification seem to struggle, probably because of the distorted perspective. I further found an image on another website (scroll down) that has the letters 'MTL' in a very similar font except for the stencil-style gaps that exist on my hat, but not in the linked image.

Thank you in advance for any hint you can give!

mtl.jpg

mtl2.jpg

mtl3.jpg

mtl4.jpg