Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

Looking for a font I found on a menu on Icon of the Seas

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

25 minutes ago, MissNobody said:

This looks handwritten.

Sorry, I'm new here.   Did you mean it's a handwritten font or it was literally written by hand.

The letters are too consistent to have been written by hand.

image.png.e365e9ad798a3bc84c0e578d90ad0722.png

2 hours ago, Kevin Thompson said:

I’ve found it under the name Scratch Regular on one matching database (there seem to be some contextual alternates not available in the preview to account for the multiple e|s), but so far no luck identifying a download or purchase source:

It does seem to be a variation of Scratch.  I found this "Brian Scratch."  We're getting somewhere.  Thanks!

image.thumb.png.446d7b32b7c4bb854df32bf73c060456.png

• Solution

Brian Scratch is not the same typeface. Here is the character set for the Scratch I found:

Screenshot2024-08-09at9_11_39AM.thumb.png.2fb963e7429a7f02c8f55e2a0b3213fd.png

The issue is this: there are dozens of typefaces called Scratch or some variation of the name, but none are a match to this one and I can’t locate a purchase link or trusted download link for it. It only seems to exist in one database (en.likefont.com).

And I have tried to match the characters via other databases (in case it was originally issued under a different name or the name was later changed to something else), and no matches.

I would hesitate to use it without a clear license or documentation that is is Open Source.

• I love it 1