Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

I'm looking for the font used in this Freeski society logo

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

I'm working on some tshirt designs for the App Freeski Society, and I'm looking for the font used in their logo design. If anyone can identify this font, I'd be grateful.

Free fonts are appreciated; commercial fonts are fine. Even something similar is appreciated. Condensed-style, with small serifs.

I have checked WhatTheFont, which now only promotes fonts sold on myfonts. I had no luck there. Brando is the closest I've found, but it's still not that similar, definitely not an exact match.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Society.jpg

AFS_Logo.jpeg

• Solution

It is Geared Slab Bold by Ben Dalrymple, available from Lost Type.

You didn’t ask specifically ask about the typeface used for FREESKI (I assume you already IDed it), but for anyone else who is curious it is Street Cred by Typodermic.

WhatTheFont has only ever identified typefaces MyFonts sells itself, and even then it doesn’t always do the best job (they don’t seem to update the matching database very frequently).

• Like 1

Thank you so much! I had not IDed the other font used yet, so I really appreciate that.

If the WhatTheFont autotool couldn't find a suitable match, users could post their cases on the forum, where volunteer experts (probably much like yourself) would identify the fonts and give a link on where to buy or download. Those were often links to free fonts or outside pay font sites, even directly to font foundries. Did you ever use the forum service?

You can see there has been no activity on the forum for 28+ weeks. That's when they shut that service down.

Thank you again. I greatly appreciate it!