Join our community of friends of typography!

Rod N Reel font - trying to identify from just a few letters

I have a client who has a logo that has "organically developed" over many years and has a bunch of fonts and shapes stuffed into it and we are trying to return it to some semblance of a useable graphic. 

Also we are trying to identify a font that will work for secondary signage so we want several of the letters to belong to an actual font family. 

The most identifiable element in the letters is the angled central serif in the letter "E".

I am actually not 100% sure that the "S" and the "T" are even the same font, but the "E" is important. 

Good Luck.

EST.jpg

Is this the complete logotype?
GetLogoFileById.png.38087a2c85f58577715cdcd47e5298cc.png

I agree with Riccardo—what you appear to have is a Frankenlogo.

The O, D, N, and L seem to be Engravers, artificially condensed.

I can’t find any match for the E, but the link Riccardo provided gives you typefaces with a similar crossbar. The R is a mystery as well.

For the S and T, try Athelas (add a stroke with rounded joints to match your sample).

I like that...Frankenlogo.

I am stealing that. 

Yes, you are correct.

I did not want to show the whole thing because I was pretty sure it would lead everyone astray. 

The ODNL are Engravers BT and the R used to be Engravers BT with some flourishes glommed on to it (I didnt do it!). 

They want to keep the custom R, but everything else can go. 

They really like the "E"

If I could just find the "E" - I think I could do something with that font. 

I noticed that the back of the E has a slight curve to it in addition to the unusual center serif. Not sure if that is helpful.