- The colorful icons of the previous version were replaced by black ones.
- The font list can now also be presented in a tile view with custom text.
- The auto-activation plugin were updated and now also support the 2015 version of Adobe’ Creative Cloud and QuarkXPress.
- The glyph views were updated to show the all characters of Unicode version 7.
- Viewing and organizing webfonts was updated to also support the WOFF 2 format.
- Fonts from the web services Skyfonts and Typekit can be viewed and managed within FontExplorer X Pro.
- The web shops/services fonts.com, linotype.com, myfonts.com, fontshop.com and Monotype Membership can be directly accessed within the app. Font downloads are then intercepted and taken over into the app.
FontExplorer X Pro 5 can be bought at fontexplorerx.com. Updates from version 4.x are available at a reduced price and free when bought after April 1, 2015.